Thursday, March 03, 2011

She was Paid Off (06/22/06)

Today in Journalism, we were putting together bits and pieces of a broken article. The object of the exercise was to teach us what part of the article went first and to show how a article is writen. Well every one was doing that, I just sat back and let the article speak for it's self. Here was the jist:
A 22 year old College Student/Convient Store Clerk was bound and gaged while three people robbed the store. They could not get the cash register open so the took the whole thing with them. Cops finally came two hours later after a resident of the area noticed the flash lights flickering in the store when it was robbed hours before they arived. The cops did not notice the girl tied up until she made a "sweek" and an officer came to envistagate the "ruckes." She was then taken to the hospital where she said that she did not blame the comvient store owners (conviently). Then the article later said that one resident of the area was upset by the slow reaction time of the Officers. Since the store had been knocked off three times in the past six months, the resident was concerned about the responce time because what if it had been a life and death situation.
Now here is what really gets me...the girl does not blame the owners. Why? because they paid her off! What kind of college student working part time at a convient store does not blame the owners?! I would have. If the store was allowed to be knocked off more then once with a six month period, then don't you think that the owners are partially to blame. It is their responceablity to protect their works. I know she was paid generasly to say she did not blame the owners. When I expressed this concern and unvailing of a conspearacy to my fellow class mates/friends they said that "no one cared." Well, I care. I never realized how much I loved discussing things of this nature with my brother until that moment. I felt so alone at that point, that I just sat back and allowed the class to continue without my involvement.

No comments: