Thursday, March 03, 2011

Avatar: The Last Airbender (08/22/08)

That's right gang, I wasted precious hours of my life on another TV show...but guess what? I DON'T CARE! MWAHAHAHAHHA!....

I just finished watching the ENTIRE seasons of Avatar. I know I know. I said that i would stop but just can't seem to. this time i blame my sister! she got my hooked on it. Before i would knock it and laugh....oh how we grow up.
Here's the skinny for those that don't know. There are these Nations of people that can control the elements (no, love isn't one of them thank you very much Bruce Willis). You got the fire nation, earth nation, water nation and wind nation. through it all there is one person in the entire world that can control all four known as the Avatar. so one day the fire nation lord decides that he wants more of the pie and attacks the other nations. the only one that can stop him is the Avatar, but guess what, wouldn't you know it, no one can find him (All this is explained in the opening credits). and that is where Book 1 Chapter 1 begins: The Boy in the Iceberg.
Over all i liked it. hey, i wouldn't have put in all the hours if i didn't right. but this one i enjoyed to the very end. you got life a death situations, couples popping up everywhere, family issues (!), comedy, mystical powers, good laughs, and so much more. Not to mention the seasons is broken up into books (my fav.) and then the episodes into chapters (handy). Also the graphic designs are just to my liking, simple yet bold and useful.
the down side?...not all that much to it really. if you read my other reviews (or know me), you would notice i'm critical (if you haven't noticed, i might have been lazy typing the reviews). if the other reviews got an A, this one gets an A++. But don't take my word for it, there are 3 books, each with 21 chapters, find out for yourself.
http://www.animefuel.com/category/a/avatar-episodes/page/3/

No comments: