Thursday, March 03, 2011

My Naruto Review (06/29/07)

All right. I get the whole what doesn't kill you makes you stronger (or makes you want to die) but isn't it going a little too far with the Ninja scene. Ever character on that show has a demon in them or has been seriously abused as a child. What kinda village is that? It takes a village to raise a child but a freaken army to put them through all that.
I have only seen the show up to about the third season (when the Leaf Village was being attacked by the Sand Village and Sasuke was headed after Gaara). I wanted to see more but the show was all drama. I got tired of the Speed Racer episodes where everyone's face got a close up when their features resembled everyone else's.
The story was interesting. I really loved that I had not miss any episodes but after awhile it began to control my Saturdays so I had to quit for my social health. I still haven't been the same since. It really is addictive. Not just Naruto but Anime in general. Don't even get my started on Manga.
If you really look close to every character on Naruto, you'll find that their stories are really closely related. Practically the same, but what is interesting is how each person took their problem and went in a different direction then the others. Like the Gaara and Naruto; the both had a demon in them since birth, are constantly alone, never let anyone near them and social outcasts. However, Naruto still holds hope for humanity while Gaara wants to kill everything. Similar stories with different out comes.
I also like the relationships within the story. I know its mushy but I still love it. Hinata has a crush on Naruto, Sakura won't give up on Sasuke and all the others. I love that kinda drama. But the thing that sucks is that you could watch 100 episodes just to get a moment of a little time for the couples to be together. Sad, really to this romantic.
What I also hate is that the girls are practically helpless. Come on, You Are A Ninja!!! Do something besides waiting for the guys to come. My favorite character right off the bat was Sakura but then when I watched the show, she turned in to my most hated character. The only time she did anything for herself was when she supposedly "flipped out" on the last test of the exam when those three sound guys came when Naruto and Sasuke were out of commission. Even then she didn't do anything really. Just cut her hair, looked mean, bit that guys arm and got hit in the head a few times. I know you might be thinking "bet you could never do that". And you would be right. Because I'm not a Ninja and she is! Or suppose to be anyway. At least Hinata went all out even though she still got her ass kicked. In that moment, Hinata took the whole show and became my favorite. BEWARE THE QUITE ONE!
I might not have seen the rest of the show and I know alot has gone by but Naruto still holds a spot in my anime heart. Right next to Bleach and all the other kick ass shows.

No comments: