Thursday, March 03, 2011

Almost Lost My Phone (12/14/07)

Me and my friend were studing in her dorm room and we couldn't take looking at another word again!! so we decided to go for a walk. This was just after it had snowed, so we were walking in huge drifts of snow!..well, i was anyway. i was so happy that i was heading home in about week, i could have ran!! but it being icy and huge with snow, i did the next best thing...i went snow drift jumping!! as i was bounding though  the snow, my foot cought the buried in the snow and i fell. i was so happy, i didn't care. i picked myself up and burshed myself off and we continued to walk. later that night, after our walk and finishing our work, i was packing my things to go back to my dorm and i couldn't find my phone. i was sure i had left it on the desk before our walk. We tore the room apart looking and called it several times with her cell but still couldn't find it. she sujested that i had dropped it on our walk, but i was so sure that i hadn't taken it with me i didn't consider it. it was about 2 in the morning and i hadn't gone to sleep about 4 the pervious night so i was too tiredto care. i walked out. just to be on the safe side i retraced my steps on our walk. i got to the part where i fell and started to carefully dig. moving the snow little by little, all the while thinking "of course i would have to lose my phone, i was happy earlier!" after about 10 minutes of nothing but cold hands, i got mad. i got so mad i started to kick at the snow!! on my second kick, out flew my silver phone. i was so takenaback i just stared at it dumbly for awhil before laughing like a crazy person picking it up. good thing it was still working. it had been in the snow for about 4 hours. i quickly called my friend to tell her it was alright. still laughing, i walked back to my room, stayed up for another hour before going to sleep. over a good night, made me feel alive. too tired to care, worried about my phone and contacting my friends/family from home, and sweet elation at finding it again!! a way to feel alive!!

No comments: