Monday, September 24, 2007

Awards

My award for Academic Excellence in Native American Literature would have to be one of my best awards. I was completely taken by surprise when my name was called for this award at the University of Colorado in Boulder Upward Bound program farewell banquet in the summer of 2005. This course was my favorite out of the several other I attended during the six weeks.

I also was shocked when I received Best in Social Studies in the eighth grade. Social studies was and still is one of my favorite courses.

I also have many certificates of completion from various programs: University of Colorado at Boulder Upward Bound, College Horizons, Northern Arizona University Youth Conference just to name a few. Many do not see this as an award but I do. To have started a program, anything really, and complete it when the pressure was consuming and failure a breath away says much for a person’s character.
There are also some gag awards that I am fond of. Most of the gag awards I have are from instructors from the Upward Bound program. Some of the titles for the gag awards are: Brave Face Award for Courage, Future World Leader, and Interrogator Award.

I have also received the Star Ward from the University of New Mexico. This award was given to all students in the top tem percent of their junior class in the state of New Mexico. I was one of eight at my high school to have received this award.

There is also the award for being Tohatchi High School 2005’s ST. Jude Children Research Hospital Trivia Champion. This was more of a community service. The National Honor Society branch of Tohatchi High School held a competition in trivia for all members of the community and school. Of all that participated, I gave the most correct answers. Each right question held a sum of money that would be donated by the community and my self to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

No comments: