Friday, April 21, 2006

Strength Of Comfort

My family will never allow me to forget all the events where I showed my lack of common sense. They will also never forget all the times I was there for them. Wither is was for a person to listen to their problems with out judgment or someone to distract them from those problems, I was there for them at whatever time they needed me.

I remember a time when my sister had a bad dream and she began to cry. I went to her and offered what comfort I could. First, I told her to tell me of the dream. When she spoke of my own childhood villain, Chucky, I started to lose my own hold on reality. I began to see the murderous doll in every dark corner of our room, in every swift movement. Sensing my own fear, my baby sister began to cry again. To distract both our minds, we began to play a game of ‘Name That Movie.’ Soon after we were both being told to “Shut up. People are sleeping.” Trying to comply and keep from laughing simultaneously, thoughts of the redheaded killer were long gone from our minds.

My belief is that family is first and for most a necessity in life. Although I have my moments of wanting another, I could not ask for a family more perfect in their own imperfections. They were there to chase away my enemies just I was there to help them with their own. I know that no matter where life takes me, I will always have the most important necessity with me.

No comments: